The statuses on an order need to be up to date and relevant but also clear and meaningful. This is the reason why Shippeo not only added a number of insightful statuses but also rearranged the view.
Let's go through it step by step:
- Accessing Order Statuses and Overview
- Detailed Explanation of Order Statuses
- Updating Order Statuses (manually and automated)
Accessing Order Statuses and Overview
Detailed Explanation of Order Statuses
Pending confirmation and To be confirmed: Both statuses mean that an order has been chartered from a Shipper to a Carrier but the order has not yet been confirmed, only from different point of views.
Oder confirmed: Order has been confirmed
Awaiting pairing: Order has been confirmed but no resource has been assigned yet.
Resource paired: A resource has been assigned to the order.
Resource confirmed: The driver of the vehicle confirmed the order. This status is only relevant for Carriers using the Mobile App to track their vehicles.
Here you see all possible statuses of the location of the vehicle related to loading and delivery.
Loaded: Goods have been loaded.
Loaded - with reservations: Goods have been loaded but the goods might not be conform.
Loading rejected - carrier/shipper: Loading has not taken place as carrier or shipper has rejected it.
Delivered: Goods have been delivered.
Delivered - with reservations: Goods have been delivered but the goods might not be conform.
Delivery rejected - carrier/shipper: Delivery has not taken place as carrier or shipper has rejected it.
Order cancelled: Order has been cancelled by the Shipper.
Order not completed: Order did not reach 'End of Delivery' at a designated time. Read more about this status here.
Updating Order Statuses
Manual Status Update
Generally, the idea of Shippeo is that statuses of an order after they have been confirmed and paired are updated automatically. This may happen through a connection with your TMS, EDI updates (see below) or through the tracking of your vehicles. However, you do have the option to update the status of your order manually.
- Log into your Shippeo account.
- Navigate to 'Orders' in the top bar and choose 'In Progress'.
- You will see all orders that have been correctly paired but are not finished yet. Do note that you can only update statuses of Orders that have not yet been finished!
- Search for the order you would like to update.
- Under the column 'Status' you see the current status of this order.
- Click on it to update the status to the current one, add the time and date of the event (if applicable - see below) and click Save.
Note that you can also update the status in the details view of an order when clicking on the order line.
Depending on the current status and on the status you choose, there are some things to note:
- Towards loading/delivery site are snapshot statuses which means that the time of the status change it also the time of the status itself.
- Note that you cannot add a different time, i.e. update the status retroactively.
- You can skip these events and only update the actual loading and delivery events.
- At loading/delivery site, confirm loading/delivery, left loading/delivery site are all statuses where you can modify the date and time of the status.
- Note that you can update these statuses retroactively.
- You first have to confirm the loading before you can confirm the delivery.
Automated Status Update via API
Each Order status can be updated automatically by using specific API codes in the INOVERT or EDIFACT format. You can find the corresponding codes and additional information regarding the API of Shippeo in this dedicated documentation.